Location: We begin our tours in front of the lower lodge deck, on the far left as you look up the ski hill. We are easy to spot in our bright yellow Ski Friend jackets.
Plan to be there ready to ski or ride 10 to 15 minutes before the tour time. We form each group according to your skiing/boarding level and assign a Ski Friend to lead your tour.
We then head to one of the lifts and up the mountain, to enjoy the best runs for your ability, given the conditions of the day.
We'll stop to explain the area layout, along with interesting mountain facts and history.
- Novice (Level 3)
- Linked turns capability
- Groomed green trails
- Slow skiing/boarding pace
- Strong linked turns (Level 4)
- Groomed green and blue trails
- Moderate skiing/boarding pace
- Intermediate boarding/parallel skiing (Level 4/5)
- Blue trails
- Mixed terrain
- Faster cruising pace
- Advanced boarding/parallel skiing (Level 5/6)
- Challenging Blue trails
- Mixed terrain including moguls and powder
- Fast pace
- Expert boarding/skiing skills (Level 5/6)
- Challenging single Black trails
- Mixed terrain including moguls, powder and off-piste
- Fast pace
Heritage Tour Programme
Blue/Green level with focus on the History, Parks, Trees, Wildlife, and Mountains of the Lake Louise Ski Resort.
A slower-paced tour for those who wish to learn about the geology, biology and human history of Lake Louise. The tour is suitable for all skiing levels and is an ideal way to have an informative and restful day on the slopes.
Heritage tours are offered when trained guides are available.